Tuesday, May 10, 2016

How was your Bavisela?

Mine was fine. I did the half marathon.

Can I just say something?

Is it me or is this the LONELIEST half marathon in Europe (I was going to say in the World). I mean there are a lot of people and all. The Family Run is well attended, and there are a fair amount of runners doing the half, but, yeesh!

The Triestini on the sidelines (both of them) need a lesson in how to cheer people on, or at least look cheerful.

I don't mean to say they have to be as good as in Venice (although I must plug the Venice marathon for the enthusiasm of the fans at all points of the route. Even the trains on the bridge into Venice honk at you!!)

One of the guys from the Protezione Civile tried to help break up the silence, though. He had his car parked on the side of the road with his radio on full blast (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby, You're gonna DIE!!!)

There were two (2) people making noise on the route. One with a cow bell, one with a noise maker.

So, after we left the starting line (Berimbau, thank you for the drumming send-off) it was a loooooong and silent run.

Maybe I was extra sensitive to the longness and the boringness because I was out of shape and it took me 40 minutes longer than usual,

I mean that could be. But overall, sigh, it just felt lonely.



No comments:

Post a Comment