Sunday, May 22, 2016

End of the Year Recitals are Not Just for Dancers

The end of the school year/sports season is rife with open-to-the-family "spectacles" to show what your kids have been up to this year. Every activity seems to have one.

Ours is today. We had a swimming meet yesterday (Did I mention she started participating in swim meets when she was FOUR years old? Is that normal??) and we will be back there today watching what every level of swimmer learned this year.

Don't get me wrong. It is joyful watching your kid splash around like a pro from the stadium seating of the Bianchi diving pool. I do enjoy it, but, man, can I tell you something? It is freaking hot in there!

That, and, I can't stand other parents. I mean, it's okay if I get up and block everyone else's view and take low quality video with my phone that I will probably never watch again because I can't tell which little dot is my kid, but I can't stand the other ones who wave and try to get their kids' attention, and stand up right in my way and take THEIR videos.

I mean, really! They exasperate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment