I have been spending a lot of time in my journal over the last few months. The writing is mostly scattered and mindless, but sometimes what we need is a little "sfogo," as they would say here in Trieste. Today seems like as good a day as any other to give you an update of our Covid Status.
1. Cases are higher than ever, variants are more serious, businesses are opening.
2. People are either for the vaccine (we want to travel) or against it (we are the government's guinea pigs). It's hard to get whether you like it or not (unless you have age on your side or you work in health care or you are a teacher).
3. We can leave our municipalities (I think) without a permission slip, but not the region. At some point it was okay to travel to Spain, however.
4. You don't have to wear a mask when you run on the bike path.
5. If you need to get your bike fixed, good luck. Everyone in Trieste has a bike now (that needs fixing). During the lockdown you could leave your municipality if you walked or rode a bike. People really wanted to leave their municipalities.
We are on day 4 of a downgrade. We are now Yellow instead of Orange. The only problem is that every time they change our color (and therefore what we can and can't do), they also change the definition of what that color means. When I say They, I can assure you that I have no idea anymore who They are.
Is it the head of the region? The Prime Minister?
The whole thing is a little confusing.