Monday, October 19, 2009

I need a recipe for baked pumpkin seeds


So for Halloween in Trieste, we're organizing a kiddy party at the Mall (Torri d'Europa) in Trieste on October 30th (4-7pm) and in Udine (Centro Commerciale Friuli) on October 31. Kids can dress up and and decorate pumpkins with us. Doesn't that sound like FUN?

We are going to hand out directions for parents to help their wee ones carve JACK-O-LANTERNS when they get home. I'm thinking that while the parents are carving, the kids can separate the gooey pumpkin innards from the seeds and they can bake them.

I need a recipe... I can Google it, of course, but if anyone has any ideas, BRING THEM ON!!

2 comments:

  1. I just made baked pumpkin seeds last week with my kids. I was even shocked that they liked them so much. It is really quite simple, wash them a bit (so as to remove the really chunky parts). I tossed them with a smidge of veggie oil and salt. I baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes (or until they are golden brown.) EASY AS 1-2-3. (but, then, you could always google it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks, Laura. I love pumpkin seeds and remember having to separate the gooky stuff from the seeds (which was gross) but thinking it was worth it...

    ReplyDelete