Sunday, October 11, 2009

Did you see Cesare Cremonini last night?

How awesome was he?!! And how nice was it of him to end his three-month tour in Piazza Unità with little old us?! He was awesome. We were so close to the stage I could see every hair in his beard and I swear a couple of times he sang JUST TO ME (Sweetie was totally cool with it). If you didn't see the show (which was even more enjoyable because it was FREE), I'm sorry you missed it.
Toward the end it started to pour, and what was funny was the fact that the entire audience all seemed to have umbrellas except for Sweetie and me, and that they put them up without any regard whatsoever to who was behind them, next to them, at what distance, to anything. Once they were all up, though, it looked pretty neat. Cesare, thankfully, was covered, but sweaty enough to make it look like he had been down there with us.
***
Today, then, is the Barcolana. Are you going up to the Napoleonica to watch the regatta? Are you in the regatta? Are you downtown partying in the piazza and watching it on the jumbotron? I'm not. I did go down to walk around and see the stands twice (Friday and yesterday) but I'm staying home on this sunny Sunday morning. I should be getting some work done, but I think I will go for a run. Sweetie took the dog down to Sistiana for her Salvataggio in Acqua training (she's had her license for three years but she likes the other dogs, going into the water, saving people, etc.) so I'm alone until lunchtime. Maybe I'll watch the Barcolana on Tele4.
Have a great day, whatever you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment