Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Your Shoes Can Talk

...But only the Triestini can hear them. Here is what the conversation sounds like to the rest of us.

BIRKENSTOCK CLOGS: (What sounds like silence to you and me).
TRIESTINO: You work at the Hospital?! Since when? Cattinara or Maggiore?

CROCS: (What sounds like one hand clapping in a lonely forest).
TRIESTINO: I know. I totally need to get out into my garden too!!

WELLINGTON BOOTS: (What sounds like an ant sleeping)
TRIESTINO: Caspita!!! The Pescaria is already closed and I was JUST on my way to the Fish Monger's to get a nice BRANZIN for supper!

SANDALS WITH SOCKS: (What sounds like time standing still)
TRIESTINO: I had NO idea you were German. You totally don't have an accent! Complimenti!!

10cm JAUNTY HEELS: (What sounds to us like the shadow of a tap on the pavement)
TRIESTINO: I go to Lidl usually or Despar. Where are you off to? I'll walk with you. I could use a snack!'m out of caffè and creamer.

FLIP-FLOPS: (What sounds to us like eery quiet)
TRIESTINO: Me too, DEI, see you at Barcola!! Quanti gradi xe l'aqua?

FLIP-FLOPS, NO BEACH BAG: (What sounds to us like cherries growing)
TRIESTINO: Dry your hair. Te ciapi freddo going out in the cold after a shower!!

TWO BARE FEET STANDING IN THE GRASS: (What sounds like world peace).
TRIESTINO: ARDA! Don't step in the dog poop!!











No comments:

Post a Comment