Saturday, January 2, 2010

I will not let the crappy weather win!

It has been raining here for what seems like months! And just when I think it's over, it's still there, fine enough to go undetected from the window before venturing out post-New Year's hibernation to soak me, my umbrella, and any unfortunate clothing I happen to be wearing.

My mother-in-law just called to tell me that there's Bora now, too, which she sees as positive: should keep the rain away. But we all know what Bora really means: COLD!

Damn.

But I'm not going to let the weather win. No ma'am. I am going to get my running clothes on WITHOUT looking out the window. I am going to pile on the layers, put on my rain pants, and get out there. And when I finish, I plan on being quite pleased with myself. The big question is whether to go long or short. If I do 4 miles today, then I have to do 13 miles tomorrow. Which will it be?

Ok. If it's rain, I'll do short. If it's Bora I'll do long. And that will just have to be a surprise for when I get outside. I already feel cold and wet. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment