Friday, July 8, 2011

Not been to the Beach yet?

I have been bad. It is July and I have not been to the beach once. I was reminded of this yesterday when I was teaching some English to business people and we were talking about our vacations. Of course that's what's on the Triestinis' minds lately. The days have been beautiful, so who can blame them. What came out of these conversations yesterday was how much vacation these people have!! Mamma mia-- some were going on 3-week vacations in August, others had a week in May, two in July, and the office is closing in August for a week! One person was actually complaining about how LITTLE vacation time she has left (she has been on 3 major trips this year!)

What a loser I felt like. Here I practically make my own schedule and I haven't even taken the baby to the beach. But that's probably it. In theory I have all this "time" but I don't really feel like I have that much at all. In fact, the days fly past and I have stuff to do on all of them, including weekends. Most of it is work.

What am I doing wrong?

Not that I want to be an employee again. I have definitely outgrown that gig. But... I don't know. I need to think about this more.

A note about the beach, though.

There's no sand. It's rock and cement. Many Triestinis say the sand is "unhygienic" (for real!).

The best part of the beach is playing in the sand, right? So maybe baby isn't missing so much. We're going to have to make a plan for the weekend. I want to make sand castles. I guess that means going to Grado or Lignano. But then there's the problem of traffic.
Hmmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment