Sunday, August 1, 2010

I know I know

I promise I will get back to blogging again after the holidays. But can I just say one thing before I go on them tomorrow morning? Today I went to TWO (not one but TWO) malls looking for an open gd grocery store. Apparently even the stores at the MALLS have decided that it's not worth opening in August. But strangely you can enter the parking garage, and you can even enter the automatic doors of the mall and you can even walk around and look at the closed stores, you just can't enter any of them. WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT?? You CAN, however, let your kids ride on the coin operated ponies and stuff (great reason to get in your car and go to the mall, no??) but forget about the groceries, baby (an open grocery store on a Sunday in Trieste is about the ONLY justification I can find for entering one of those awful places as far as I'm concerned, and now I don't even have that!).

Ugh. Luckily sweetie did some investigative scooting and found an open grocery store not far from our house (Zazzerone I think it's called-- boycott all others!) and so we got the goods for our trip tomorrow and the rolls of Ringo cookies for my nieces and nephew that my mom is bringing home on the plane with her tomorrow morning (What's there not to love about being the Aunt with the COOKIES?!).

Anyway, I hope you're going on vacation too. Trieste is a lonely place during the first two weeks of August. After ferragosto (August 15), things will liven up again.

So will I.
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment