Saturday, April 23, 2016

Climbing Walls & Noisy Workers

I learned two things this week (plus everything about Chicken Pox plus, but I am done writing about that).

You want to know what they are?

1. There is a super duper enormous climbing wall gym-type-place right behind my house.

This is one of those wacky Triestine things. No signs, no nothing. It's in the basement of a giant apartment building. How do people find this place, you ask? No clue. My husband just KNEW about it one day (Um. We have lived in this building for 13 years. Did it come to him in a dream?!?)

So we went to check it out. And there was a group of elementary school kids stuck to the wall in various positions like giant chameleons in harnesses. Very cool.

2. If you are doing noisy work in your building with other apartments above and below you, they can complain until the Muccas come home, but you can do what you want from 7am-11pm (although it will not make you a great Neighbor, not even here).

I learned this from the guys putting in new flooring at my work when I called them to to stop cutting and drilling until at least NINE A.M. since it was Saturday morning and I got a complaint from the neighbors.

Yes, they said, they would stop. For TEN MINUTES.

But. Just to CLARIFY. They were RIGHT.

So, there you go.




No comments:

Post a Comment