Thursday, August 24, 2017

We Heart the Riposino in the Summer

I don't know about you but this Summer thing is getting out of hand. I feel like every day I wake up saying "now TODAY I am REALLY going to be good. No spritzes, no staying up late..." and then, BAM, some kind of special occasion comes up and one spritz leads to another and blah blah blah.

That's Trieste in the summer (and winter, too, come to think of it). Friends visiting, last night in Trieste, gotta celebrate and STARE INSIEME...

So, it's a good moment to remind you of the importance of another Triestino summer classic, The RISPOSINO. It's that little rest you take after lunch because you can because you are not quite back on your full winter schedule or you still have some vacation days left or it's your day off. No, don't call it a siesta. We are in Italy, remember, and that word is Spanish. No code switching.

Sleep during the day is beautiful. I just got up from my little nap and feel like I have a second chance at life. I hope you got one in, too!


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog about life in Trieste. I am an italian living abroad and with my hungarian partner are planning to move in that part of Italy one day. Your blog is such a great source of information and your spirit and way to describe pros and cons of this city is great! Keep it coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @kaferastis Great to meet you! Yes, you must come to Trieste! Thanks for reading!! :)

      Delete